Updated: Dec 11, 2019
We love supporting conscious and local brands - small businesses that give back and /or are ethical, sustainable, organic, and/or vegan - products that promote wellness of ourselves, animals, and the planet!
Many of you have asked for a gift guide, so here is a list of carefully curated items that we have personally selected. None of these items are sponsored #NotSponsored, and please don't mind us adding PFM :)
The below list contains items that are perfect to make your own gift hamper or given as is. We’ll continually update this, so if you know of a conscious business that sells products that tick the above boxes, let us know!
1. Plantfed Mama’s Holistic Guide to a Vegan Pregnancy - Vegan nutrition and holistic health cookbook, with a special focus on pregnancy. Includes an infant feeding guide and 75+ simple, plant-based wholefoods recipes.
2. Legends of Change - An amazing collection of true stories from inspiring and influential vegan women. Includes recipes as well!
3. The OMD Plan - Plant-based cookbook promoting changing just One Meal per Day. Super simple recipes from one of our favourite Animal and Earth advocates.
4. KSKYE the Label - Unisex, ethical crystal jewellery and sustainable accessories that support artisans from developing countries.
5. Exclaimed Kate - Divine and super stunning jewellery storage made from gemstones. Ethically-made and environmentally-conscious. They make jewellery boxes, trinket trays, ring points and trinket boxes. Although we have this listed as a gift, we think a self-gift also applies here :)
6. KSKYE the Label - Organic tees promoting a kind life, 100% of the profits are donated to animal welfare, conservation, and humanitarian charities.
HOMEWARES AND ACCESSORIES
7. Peekabee - Non-toxic silicone baby and toddler feeding products. We love their silicone straws, suction plates, mesh feeder and reusable pouch feeders.
8. Ever Eco - Reusable and sustainable lifestyle products, eliminating plastic.
9. Exclaimed Kate -Stunning and ethical, semi-precious stone jewellery storage. We've added E.K twice because they also double as home decor. How beautiful are their pieces?
10. Eco Crayons - Non-toxic, vegan and eco crayons. Our kids absolutely love these!
11. Clever Elly - this game-changing clever device was invented to help stop parents from forgetting their children are in the car! It plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and doubles as a USB charger! Clever Elly is also a not-for-profit! Every parent, especially every new parent, needs one in their car.
FOOD, HEALTH & WELLNESS
12. Plantfed Mama Herb Co - Plant-based Wholefood Supplements - organic, ethically-wildcrafted, gluten-free, no fillers, no preservatives, no additives. 100% herbs only!
13. Pico Chocolate - Organic, vegan, fairtrade and delicious chocolate. These guys are super affordable and fairly clean. Their chocolate tastes like chocolate, so if you're still on dairy chocolate, give these guys a go!
14. Re Sugo - Italian-made clean pasta sauces and fresh gut-friendly pasta made using ancient grains and legumes, and are a wholly vegan company. The sauce jars are amazing to reuse as drink glasses and for nicecream! If you're local to Sydney's Northern Beaches, pop down to the local markets (check their instagram) and you can pick up some of their hand-made fresh pasta, and meet this vegan family!
15. Health Addicts - clean vegan protein and supplements, made by a wholly vegan company. The owner is actively involved in the vegan community and gives far more love than he takes :)
16. Loving Earth - although these guys have a huge range of food products, they make the cleanest chocolate around! Vegan, organic, fairtrade and they don't use emulsifiers, additives or preservatives. I don't feel like I'm eating junkfood when eating their chocolate, and you know what? That's because I'm not! :) Also, they are plastic-free! They use sustainable and home compostable packaging!
17. Give a living gift! Donate to your loved one's favourite charity on behalf of your loved one. We love: International Anti-Poaching Foundation, Rainforest Rescue, Reach Out World Wide, Sea Shepherd and WIRES Wild Life Rescue.
Remember to let us know of any other conscious brands and products. If their products are available online and they fit our brief, we'll look into them!
Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season. Be well, be kind! 💜💜💜💜